There is a trend in the materials industry towards thinner and thinner coatings that create new applications and enable both material and cost savings. However, as coatings become thinner, the traditional methods for coating hardness testing become less accurate or fail entirely.
Although methods are available for measuring the hardness of thin films, up until now, they have tended to be both price-prohibitive and require extremely complex and difficult to use instrumentation.
With the introduction of the Hit 300, accurate hardness testing of thin films is now both accessible and affordable for any lab or production site developing new coating materials.
Anton Paar is proud to present “Accessible and Affordable Hardness Testing of Thin Coatings,” a live webinar discussing the benefits and limitations of traditional hardness testing as well as new developments that enable accurate and affordable hardness measurements of ultrathin coatings.
This webinar will include real-life applications of hardness testing methods, including:
• Hardness testing of cutting tool coatings
• Analysis of thin DLC films
• Alumina-based coatings
• Paints and other polymers
Key Learning Objectives:
- New developments that have made hardness testing of thin coatings easier to use and more cost-effective
- Real-life applications of hardness testing methods that can be done more efficiently with the newest generation of instruments
Who Should Attend:
- Research Scientists
- Laboratory Managers
- University Researchers
- Quality Engineers