Determining absolute configuration is critical in drug discovery and development but is often a challenge and a rate limiting step. The current gold standard is X-ray crystallography which requires growth of a single crystal. Also, the Xray methodology is often expensive and time consuming. The maturation of Vibrational Circular Dichroism (VCD) makes it ideal alternative to streamline and accelerate the process. VCD is performed in solution, requires no crystallization and has been proven with the characterization of over 10,000 molecules.
This webinar presents real-life examples of how VCD fits into the routine analytical lab for medicinal chemistry and will outline best practices for VCD, from sample preparation through data collection to stereochemical structure.
Key Learning Objectives:
- How VCD fits into the routine pharma workflow and the medicinal chemical laboratory
- How to determinate absolute configuration of chiral molecules in solution, without crystallization
- How to easily combine computational chemistry with experimental measurements
- Best practices for VCD, from sample preparation through data collection to stereochemical structure
Who Should Attend:
- Medicinal chemists
- Laboratory managers/VPs
- Anyone who works with chiral molecules