Accurately identifying unknowns by searching a library of GC/MS spectral data is straightforward but often yields ambiguous results. Isomeric compounds that have the same molecular formula, but different structures, can give very similar spectral signatures. In addition, peaks with co-eluting compounds can lead to inconclusive or incorrect results.
Cerno’s GC/ID data processing software utilizes an advanced mixture deconvolution algorithm and then combines information from spectral libraries, retention index (RI) data, and accurate mass formula confirmation to identify unknowns on single quadrupole mass spectrometer systems. The software automatically generates RIs for detected compounds during a single or batch run, without running separate standards. Finally, it visually highlights correct identifications among a long list of possible matches. This post acquisition software works with most commercially available GC/MS systems.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Learn how to obtain retention index automatically from your unknown sample itself
- Learn how to obtain accurate mass and spectral accuracy on your single quadrupole GC/MS system
- Learn how to combine multiple ID metrics and quickly come to a conclusive answer
- Learn how to make your GC/MS analysis dramatically more productive
Who Should Attend:
- Analysts and lab managers utilizing GC/MS for qualitative or semi-quantitative analysis.