Consumer products are complex mixtures that rely on careful formulations and precision chemistry to deliver the desired properties. These properties can be chemical, such as the peroxide content of an oxidizer, physical, such as polymer viscosity or fungible, such as the reserve acidity of a mixture. Measuring these and other types of properties typically requires a fleet of instrumentation and is often limited to raw material input and final product testing. These testing throughput limits place a high burden on the analytical lab, making product improvement difficult. Near-infrared spectroscopy (NIR) is a laboratory tool that can relieve the throughput limitation and be deployed to multiple products and problems at the same time.
Register for this webinar to hear Alex Mattingly, Product Specialist at Chemlink Laboratories, explain how he uses NIR to address manufacturing challenges and increase production efficiency. He will show how he implemented NIR and developed the analytical methods to replace complex wet-chemical assays. Elena Hagemann, Metrohm USA Spectroscopy Applications Scientist, will give an overview of NIR spectroscopy and explain how the fundamentals of this technique make it well-suited for formulated products.
Join these experts after the presentation and get your specific questions answered during the live Q&A.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Discover how NIR gives quicker results and better response time than other analytical technologies
- Gain understanding on how NIR can analyze pH and acidity of buffer systems
- Understand how viscosity and molecular weight of PEGs can easily be determined using NIR
- Learn how NIR method development is as simple as linking spectral information of representative samples
Who Should Attend:
- Those in the consumer products industry, both specialty chemical and final product manufacturers looking to increase production quality and efficiency
- Production and QA managers of all industries seeking solutions to get actionable data fasters
- Product development chemists seeking to design products for quality and manufacturability