One of the key challenges during process development and production of biologics is the timely determination of essential product attributes. Rapid feedback of product-relevant characteristics simplifies and accelerates process development and scale-up, then helps ensure product yield and quality during full-scale manufacturing.
We present the use of real-time multi-angle light scattering (RT-MALS) as a process analytical technology to optimize process development of viral vectors. RT-MALS determines the biophysical properties size, molar mass and concentration of virions or nanoparticles. The application of RT-MALS in downstream processing of viral vectors is shown and discussed.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Introduction to real-time MALS (RT-MALS)
- How RT-MALS determines the biophysical properties size, molar mass and concentration of virions or nanoparticles
- Application of RT-MALS for viral vectors
Who Should Attend:
- Bio/pharmaceutical scientists responsible for process analytical technology (PAT), downstream processing, process development and production of biologics
- Process engineers seeking solutions for monitoring viral vectors or nanoparticle production processes