Modern analytical labs need to integrate data from many different instruments; too often that integration happens manually. Data formats that can handle many types of analytical data, irrespective of instrument manufacturer, can help streamline data collection, storage and analysis.
This white paper reviews the major standard data formats being developed for analytical labs and explores how more interoperable, better-organized data can accelerate discovery.
- Defining data standardization and FAIR principles
- How standardizing across instruments can be useful
- Why there are so many standard formats
- Which data formats exist and how they can be used
- How standardization increases the insights an enterprise can glean from its data